Provisioning and Masking
Business applications are the lifeblood of the modern organization.
Business applications are the lifeblood of the modern organization. Developing innovative
and enhanced applications, for both internal and external users, is a major goal for every IT organization – and may have a significant impact on the organization’s business results. In today’s trend of massive digitization, more and more applications require access to larger datasets. Yet without optimal copy data management (CDM), allocating copies of those datasets for the development and testing processes have a negative impact on the business. First, they slow down the development process, increasing time-to-market of new applications and versions. They also consume a huge amount of storage and additional infrastructure resources. In addition, they often lead to shortcuts being implemented, such as data subsetting, reducing the quality of the new applications and versions. Last but not least, they complicate the controlling of copy data, especially sensitive and private data.
Datagon Systems are highly experienced in providing consultancy services and solutions for
addressing the challenges that stem from copy data management. Based on advanced and automated workflows, we provide innovative solutions for the benefit of the organization, especially for Database Administrators, application developers, Chief Information Security Officers, and Digital Privacy Officers.
To improve the performance and outcomes of your business applications,
– Agility – Reducing data allocation times from weeks to minutes, based on managed or self services
– Automated Data Masking –One of the most common breaches of sensitive data is based on dev/test copies. As such, automated data masking is a great means for significantly reducing the exposure surface of the organization’s sensitive data
– Control and Privacy – Say goodbye to manual and semi-manual copy control. Centralize controlled of copy data means greater privacy and less risk. With end-to-end end Role-Base Access Control (RBAC) and the ability to locate copies and expire them when they are no longer needed, the Data Administrator has full control of the allocated logical and physical copies at every site
– Quality – No more compromises and subsettings that decrease the quality of your business applications. Instead, provide users with real-sized data with high performance access and even with personalized customization, while protecting their work. And that’s not all. Developers can instantly create bookmarks and revert to them when needed
– Cost Reduction – Decreasing Dev/Test storage consumption by up to 90% and reducing the time invested by the development teams
To ensure continuous and reliable data masking, sensitive data must be handled via three
Data Masking Stages
Data Classification: Scanning all databases to identify tables and columns that may
contain sensitive data. Together with hints provided by the user, a dictionary is built
to enable a very quick and reliable process while minimizing false-positive detections
and false-negative mis-detections. It’s important to remember that data
classification is a repetitive and ongoing process, as database schemas tend to
change between application versions, often introducing more sensitive data.
Data Masking: Adding a high performance data masking engine to the Dev/Test
Workflow ensures that copies used by developers are provisioned based on access
permissions. Users who are not allowed to access sensitive data will only be able to
access masked data copies.
Compliance Dashboard: Tracking and monitoring sensitive data and compliance with
standards and regulation is easier than ever with a Single Pane of Glass. This lets you
view data from multiple sources via a single mobile device screen or computer
monitor to benefit from a unified display.